From the Commander:
It’s Fall Festival month. This year’s theme is “Super Heroes”. Make sure you stop by the Legion to see the float. You won’t be disappointed.
For God and Country
The American Legion was chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. It is the nation’s largest wartime veterans service organization, committed to mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow service-members and veterans.
From the Auxiliary President:
Fall Conference is Friday, Sept 29th – Sunday, Sept 30th. If you are interested in going to the workshops on Saturday, let me know.
Our next meeting will be Monday, Sept 10th at 7:00pm. Have an idea you would like to see happen at our Post? Come to the meeting and tell us about it.
The Auxiliary is still collecting dimes for the Auxiliary Emergency Fund. The fund was started to help Auxiliary members who might be faced with a financial issue. If you have some extra dimes weighing your pockets down, there is a bottle at the bar for any dimes to donate them. Thank you.
Our video bowling league will start on Sunday, Sept 23rd. It’s a 2 person team. Cost is $5.00 per bowling score sheet and $2.50 in the machine. The cost for the score sheet is prize money given at the end of the league. A part of the money in the machine benefits our Legion. Get a partner, practice, have some fun and support our Legion.
Have a great month of September and hope to see you at the Legion.
Labor Day Sept 3rd
Grandparents Day Sept 8th
Patriots Day Sept 11th
Constitution Day Sept 17th
God Bless our Troops past, present and future
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
From Post Adjutant:
Minutes from Joint Meeting:
LEGION MEETING 8/13/2018
8 officers present
Commander Colvin on vacation
Open in due form by 1st Vice Stuart Konija.
- Karen Lowe introduced two high school girls they sponsored for Girl State. Ell Robinson and Maryland Heifull.
- Rita presented Rua Borcheding her 50 years certificate for auxiliary.
- Rick reported that there will be a veteran’s aid and dependence, one on one, program this Saturday. For veteran and/or spouse of veteran for VA Benefits and Indiana department affairs. Benefits. Starting at 1 and ends at 4.
- Bob Parker read minutes.
- Tom Wothke made motion to accept minutes and Rick Baum seconded.
- Tom gave financial report and motion made and seconded to accept.
- Phillip Ping accepted as new member.
- Rick Baum reported at his step father, Kenneth Stone, is not well and is a member at this post.
- Cody Wilson cancer has moved to her lymph nodes. All prayers are with her.
- Tom Wothke reported that the POS system will go online September 21st.
- Rick recognized Tom for all the work he put into the system.
- Stuart worked on the fire truck this weekend and batteries are charging right now.
- Mick Witte says Boy Scouts got new trailer.
- Stuart spoke about losing two members last month and thanked all involved.
From the Club Manager:
Dates to Remember:
4th – SAL Meeting 6pm
7th – Legion Pizza Night 5-8pm
10th – Legion/AUX meeting 7pm
14th – SAL Steak & Catfish Dinner 5-8pm
18th – ALR Burger/Pork Chop Dinner 5:30-8pm
22nd – Cruisin’ 4 A Cure 9am, KSU 10:15
25th – ALR Meeting 7pm